In this course you will learn how animals adapt to their environments. You will then design your own 3D rainforest to view in Augmented Reality.
- Understand what animal adaptations are.
- Recognise physical and behavioural adaptations.
- Understand Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality and their real-world applications.
- Understand 3D design and create your own 3D rainforest environment.
This class is suitable for students in Grade 3 or up (Age 8+).
Notes to teachers, parents and supervisors:
This class has multiple lessons or sections. Students are given self-paced challenges and tasks to do in-between the Teacher presentations. Students can add comments to ask questions and seek help.
You have unlimited access to this class for 30 days - across any and all devices you own.
- Teachers: Contact STEM Punks about 1 year terms (School students check with your teacher if you need longer)
Computer / Tablet requirements:
For this class you will require a Laptop or Desktop PC, Mac or some Chromebooks. You will need access to the Google Chrome Browser. Some tablets such as iPad may work well also.
3D Design example:
StartIntroduction & Resources (1:11)
StartAnimal Adaptations Overview
StartIntroduction to AR & VR
StartIntroduction to CoSpaces (1:29)
StartDesign your 3D Rainforest in CoSpaces (0:39)
StartAdd Objects (4:15)
StartUpload Sound, Images and 3D Models (3:14)
StartCode your environment (3:50)
StartPlay in AR mode