Space Base Beginner: Design habitats in 3D & VR - 8+ Student Class
Create a Space Base for humans to be happy and learn how to design in 3D and VR to showcase your ideas - Grade 3 and up (Ages 8+)Watch Intro
Somewhere out in the solar system, intrepid space explorers are waiting for you to design them a new home. They need a space base that shows off the best ideas you have for what a home in space could look like.
- Learn about Space Exploration and digital technologies
- Understand 3D design and how to showcase your ideas to begin to create a 3D Space Base
- Understand Virtual Reality and it's real-world applications
- Practice problem-solving skills
This class is suitable for students in Grade 3 or up (Age 8 and on).
Notes to teachers, parents and supervisors:
This is class has three sessions. Students are given self-paced challenges and tasks to do in-between the Teacher presentations. Students can add comments to ask questions and seek help.
You have unlimited access to this class for 30 days - across any and all devices you own.
- Teachers: Contact STEM Punks about 1 year terms (School students check with your teacher if you need longer)
Computer / Tablet requirements:
For this class you will require a Laptop or Desktop PC, Mac or some Chromebooks. You will need access to the Google Chrome Browser. Some tablets such as iPad may work well also.
Over 19 years in Education, Jonathan has seen how Learning, digital tools, and futures thinking transform lives - and just as the fully digital and automated era begins, he has dedicated himself to helping students and Schools transition successfully to this new era in big picture and practical ways.