Your challenge: It's the year 2040 - Mars has had human settlers for 10 years, but the people living there are unhappy. They need fresh ideas from young people to design and build what a Mars base should look like if it is to be happy, thriving, human settlement. What would Teens and Kids build to help make Mars more enjoyable?
- Learn about Mars and what humans need for living there
- Construct a Space Base in a 3D/VR environment.
- Code objects to move inside the 3D/VR space.
- Code items to be clickable and perform actions.
- Add 360 degree images and sound.
- Learn advanced tips and techniques for CoSpaces.
This class is suitable for students in Grade 5 or up (Age 10 and on, depending on ability).
Notes to teachers, parents and supervisors:
This class has multiple lessons or sections. Students are given self-paced challenges and tasks to do in-between the Teacher presentations. Students can add comments to ask questions and seek help.
You have unlimited access to this class for 30 days - across any and all devices you own.
- Teachers: Contact STEM Punks about 1 year terms (School students check with your teacher if you need longer)
Computer / Tablet requirements:
For this class you will require a Laptop or Desktop PC, Mac or some Chromebooks. You will need access to the Google Chrome Browser. Some tablets such as iPad may work well also.
Design & Code Example:
Over 21 years in Education, Jonathan has seen how Learning, digital tools, and futures thinking transform lives - and just as the fully digital and automated era begins, he has dedicated himself to helping students and Schools transition successfully to this new era in big picture and practical ways. Jonathan loves Star Wars, learning about space, 3D design and everything about STEM.